Saturday, February 6, 2010

Light Room 3 beta

Light Room 3 beta public is out and I downloaded a copy last night. So far its everything I've needed in one nice clean package. The ability to edit from RAW files is great and not only to batch convert to jpg but to resize, watermark, and add a custom title all my edited photographs in one big batch is great! Not only that but I can the upload them all to flickr right from LR. Its everything a photographer needs, unlike to the full versions of photoshop, which are designed with broader aims. I can't believe it took me this long to actually try Light Room. Sweetness. Below are some try outs (decent photographs that needed a touch up).


2 comments:

R. Peyton Hale said...

To obtain that watermark, did you have to go through and "Print to file"?

LR takes care of 95% of my needs, CS4 finishes up the tweaks.
The only downside I saw to the Flickr exportation plugin was that EXIF data isn't transferred over.

Nathan Shepard said...

To leave the watermark you can do one of two things, either go to export and check whatever you want or go to File > Export. There you can resize, watermark, adjust dpi, on/off metadata, and other mesc things.

If you checked my photos for EXIF data it isnt there because I checked to hide metadata - only to see that it did (already had the idea), normally it will show the EXIF data / metadata.

Photoshop is still a useful tool in my book but I think for 99% of my photography work LR has all the answers.