Sunday, January 25, 2009

I must confess my love for Pilsener!

Upon my leaving Ecuador in July of 2008, I packed in my check bag two six packs of Pilsener. I had to share the love that is Pilsener with friends back home, as well as, reminisce on all those fine nights snake hunting down in Ecuador.


-- A Pilsener sponsered football game in Guayaquil. Though this image sums up the popularity of this beer in Ecuador.






Pilsener is one of those unique beers, where you need to drink and experience it in Ecuador before you love it. At a cheap price of $1 for 24oz, it is easliy the cheapest beer I've ever had. At bars and resaturants I would pay as much as 1.50 for a 24oz, you just can not beat that anywhere else. Even in Namibia drinking beers we'd pay more per oz.

As I was browsing for the companies website, to see mainly, if you can infact import this beer in to the states, I found out that only one bar in the states serves this wonderful beer. A bar in New York City charges 4.25 for a 12oz bottle...not nearly as cheap as it was in Ecudor, but nonetheless, if I'm in New York I might pop in for a little reminiscing. In my search, I also uncovered a couple Pilsener advertisments on youtube.





I enjoyed the second advertisement more. Anyway, as I drink my Pilsener I will reflect on how awesome Ecuador was...and probably still is...

No comments: